Let’s chat business goals for 2021. If you know me, the topic of this blog post isn’t a shocker. Goals. Strategic planning. Business planning. Whatever it is that you want to call it – you know I am all about it. I have personally used PowerSheets since 2013. And for the past two years, I have used them both personally and professionally. Truthfully, I am not a fancy goal-making machine. I tend to believe that my process is pretty simple, but maybe I’ll get into that another day.
Today I want to share my 2021 business goals. Being that I am in my second year of business, most of these might seem remedial – but I consider them to be foundational pieces that lead to the overall vision of what I hope to create.
1. Create a marketing foundation – again, I am sure this sounds easy to most. Truth of the matter is, I have been very fortunate over the past year to have grown on word of mouth alone. I suppose that is what 18 years in the same profession will do for someone. However, I do not want to rely on that. I would like to begin to build a brand foundation with my colleagues. I have begun to scratch the surface with this goal. I have hired an outside marketing consultant to help me build the foundations of my marketing plan. I already feel immediate relief. In just a few short weeks in working with Megan, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please check Megan out here and let me know if you would like to make a connection with her!
2. Spend 1-2 hours a week on the business. This one is hard for me. I get very consumed in client work and forget to spend time working on the business instead of in the business. Working with Megan is helping me to hold myself accountable to this goal.
3. Work with five new customers. Last year, I was very fortunate to bring on three new clients. Each of those clients taught me new things and truly made 2020 a great year for our business. This year I would like to see if I can make five new connections.
4. Professional development – beyond grabbing a good business book, which I try to do at least once a month, I want to obtain a professional certification in project management. This has been on a goal list for a long time. Long long time. I believe 2021 is the year I make this happen. Check back with me in May and hold me accountable, okay?
5. Build a team – I am incredibly nervous to put this goal out there. If you asked me the day I started the business, I definitely envisioned creating a business that supported other people. I was 100% going to build a team. While that is something I still envision, I question growing/scaling too quickly. I do not want to build a business without a strong foundation. Therefore, I am almost overly cautious when it comes to growth. However, I know I cannot do this alone. I anticipate at having a contractor or two in place by the end of 2021.
Well, that’s it for now. What are you currently working on in 2021? Is there anything we can help with? If so, I would love to connect with you!
Be the first to comment